Saturday, July 24, 2010

Farmers Market Score


I visited the Portland Farmers Market last week for the first time this year. The market is now open at least four days a week in various locations all over the city and there is a bounty of edibles that cannot be overlooked.


My first stop yielded a great big bunch of arugula which I put in burritos, in a salad and added a big, fresh bunch on top of a pizza. YUM!


I grabbed a pint of these delicious cherries and have been eating them all week with the fresh blueberries from Sauvie Island.



Aren't these tomatoes gorgeous? And so delicious. I sauteed them with these potatoes and


the purple and green bell peppers. YUM!!!




I am going back this week and hope to bring home some of the same and something different.

The market is open every Monday from 10-2 through October in Pioneer Square. Come join me and support our local farmers, bakers and meat and cheese artisans.

No comments:

Post a Comment