Monday, February 14, 2011

Winners in the Winter

I've not even had my tea yet and I'm blogging.
Last night was the cut-off on the Knit Circus contest and so I had to get my winners notified!
Congrats to LoonyHiker, RetroBaby and Sheila!
Thanks to the rest of you for your comments. I hope that you learned more about Knit Circus and Krafti-Kit.

So, today is the last day for my designers to finish and get their Late Spring designs to me. I'm already in the middle of knitting one of them. It's not a sample but just test knit for myself. Of course, I selected a discontinued yarn (RYC Cashcotton DK) and realized I was going to run out. BUT the Yarn Goddess smiled upon me and I was able to find two more balls in the right DYELOT in California at Monarch Knitting and Quilts, thanks to the internets.

This week I am actually leaving the homestead and heading down to Sacramento. I hate leaving my cats because of their age but I'm feeding Brahms lots and lots of food before I go to get her weight up. She's enjoying the extra feeding and I'm simply glad food still excites her at her age. Of course I'll be bringing plenty of knitting with me for the trip.

That reminds me how much I love kits for travel. It's all just right there. In fact, I became a buyer of kits on holiday many years ago. That was before I knew how to plan these sorts of things, but buying kits on the road can be awfully fun. That was what got me into these little counted needlepoint pieces. Small, light and addictive! If you've never tried them, please give one of this "bargain in crafting" kits a try! You'll especially like them if you like knitted colorwork!

Before I go I've got to finish this re-organization of my office. Later!

4 comments:

  1. Are you coming down for Stitches? I'd love to meet up! (Jennie from GLBT knit list)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I wish. Maybe I should just say..honey, just drive a little further...I'm missing Madrona this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners! Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you!! I'm so excited! The patterns are amazing! The last thing I've ever won was a frozen turkey back in the 8th grade at our little small town drawing ha. It's been fun checking out Krafti-Kit and Knit Circus. Thank you so much for the patterns!

    ReplyDelete