Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sooner Than Later

It's that time of year, solidly in Winter, but planning for late Spring, that can twist one's brain up in a knot. I suppose for those who don't like the cold stuff, it can be an optimistic time. For me, it's generally a time to knit with as much wool as I can!

This year, my first in Washington state, it started out very cold and snowy and then turned to oddly mild. As someone who is VERY weather oriented, this can be a little disconcerting. Of course, because I don't drive, all I hear from others when I complain at the lack of snow is: But you don't have to drive!.
Whatever.
If I drove, snow would not deter me. Of course, that's a huge "if" ;-)

Here's the good news: New Spring designs in the works! I may have just slid in a mitten pattern last week, but I'm working on some samples for Early Spring that will WOW you. As just a tease, I'm posting a bit of some lavender "texture" from my sample pile.
I've found some really talented new designers this year to work with. Some patterns and kits are on the way that I know you'll love. Sometimes I wonder how close to my own personal aesthetic I should stay when it comes to Krafti-Kit. I've come to the conclusion that there's a market for every type of design, and if I'm not enthusiastic about it, how can you be? So, I'm continuing to publish designs that are something I want to make. It not only has to be great to wear, or look at, but the actual process of working up the kit or pattern has to be fun as well. That's my criteria.

As always, drop on by the store and see what's new!

No comments:

Post a Comment