Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Whatta Doll



These images are in reverse, but they tell the story of a kit.

When we first started, Krafti-kit I was really looking hard for cloth doll kits. For a child, I assumed. Then we came across these wee dolls from Dorothy Christian. It was only after I made my first one, that I went: WOW. This is fun. This is the kind of fun I haven't had in a really long time. These babies are for me.

Little pieces of cloth, little shiny bits. LOTS of little shiny bits. They are somehow the Talisman for the missing whimsy in our lives, I think. I used to have a friend who said, when in doubt, make a cake. Like, when all is going south, remember, you know this: I can bake a cake.

That's entirely how I feel about these little dolls. Laura has to keep me away from the inventory but I got this one in blue to make, just for this post. Happy! Each kit is different in fabric but we've grouped them in colorings. The surprise is a good thing. Trust me. They're all great.

Oh, and what do you do with them when you're done? Place them somewhere to remind you to smile!

1 comment: